hey, guys (especially college-bound or college-attending kiddos)! have you ever heard of dormco?
it’s an online shopping site aimed to sell carpets, furnishings and other dorm-related accessories for cheaper than you’d get them in a store. the more expensive the furnishings get, the lower the price is. it’s actually pretty neat for people who really want to have a nice dorm and pay less.
plus, your entire order (no matter how much stuff you order in one go) ships for $2.95 (so like you can get sheets, a mini-fridge, a lamp, and a rug shipped to you for under $3), which can be really fucking cheap if you look at some of those shipping costs on ebay and amazon.
the best part is, even if you aren’t living in a dorm, you can probs still use this website to get some neat things for less. i know they have lamps, bookshelves, futons, etc etc.
Special design to hold a sanitary napkin in place. Therefore, no need to worry about it slipping out of place during menstruation. Has a swelling in the crotch as a fake male genitalia. Feel more comfortable in a gym or when you receive a massage.Here comes new underwear finally designed for FtM.
※ an artificial genital (included)
1.Pocket in the middle to insert artificial genital.
2.Elastic strap to hold sanitary napkin.
3.Sanitary can be firmly held. No slipping out.
THAT IS SO COOL
I’m a trans woc I can’t be on the streets or in a shelter I need a place to stay semi long term I can pay rent and I’m good at cooking and cleaning and willing to do both or watch kids or pets or whatevr I just need a place
please please please help rosa, she is so important and needs a place to stay even for just the weekend
My friend Jenna has left an abusive domestic situation and is looking to relocate and start a new life for herself and her cat. She’s in a temporary home and is currently out of work. I’d like help her raise money for this move, so here’s what I’m going to do:
I haven’t taken commissions in over two years, but I am auctioning an original sculpture, character of your choice, style of your choice and will donate all proceeds to Jenna’s relocation fund.
Here are some examples of my work:
(More pics of these and other pieces at my site, JFSculpts.com)
The winning bidder will receive one original sculpture, character and style of their choice, hand-painted, on its own ready-to-display stand.
I’m going to start the bidding at $300. Here’s how it will work:
- Email me at jfsculptsemail01 (at) gmail.com with your bid and what character/style you would like
- I will update my site, JFSculpts.com with the amount of the current highest bid
- Winner will donate their winning bid to Jenna’s fundraiser page
- 4-6 weeks from that time, the winner will receive their sculpture
- I’ve decided to extend the bidding and do one more, so if you missed the initial deadline I’m keeping the auction open a little longer
- New auction winner will be announced SATURDAY, MARCH 15th
It’s that easy!
Jenna is my hero. I hope to help her get back on her feet. Please help if you can, by bidding, spreading the word with social media, or by donating directly.
UPDATE: I see there’s suddenly some new activity on this posts, so if anyone wants to contact me ( jfsculptsemail01 (at) gmail.com) with another bid (to be done after the winning bid, so sometimes in April/May), let me know.
Bid is currently at $350. New auction winner will be announced SATURDAY, MARCH 15th
Keep spreading the word and donate if you can: $10, $5, whatever you can spare. Every bit helps. Thank you!
hey so um artists who wants to draw sharon riding around on falcon’s back with her arms stuck out making airplane ‘nyoom nyoom’ noises while steve and bucky grasp tightly to natasha as she looks fiercly off into the distance because let’s be real that’s the poster everyone wants to see
FUN SPECIAL PROMOTION! (Another reason to come to C2E2!)
We love Miles and want to meet all the folks out there who are just as crazy about him!
Pull out your costumes and come see us in our booth in Artist Alley at C2E2 dressed as Miles Morales/Ultimate Comics Spider-Man during…
I literally can’t believe it’s come to this again i want to maim things godfricking hell.
I don’t even know where to begin, aside from the coldest winter on record so far and the fact that mother, the cat, and I have had to weather through it without heating; the fact that we’ve had to spend over £330 on food over two or three months, the fact that utilities total £948, or the fact that the council wants £750 ‘back’ from us after a cock-up they made.If you follow my blog you’ll already be well, well versed in how often I trudge out to interviews and the like (only to be rebuffed because hahaha you need experience or ‘you’re not what we’re looking for’), to no avail.You will also be well versed in just the kind of toll this shit is taking on my mother, and I. You will probably also be well fucking versed in how much I really hate having to turn to you guys for aid, but there is literally no other option and no way I can possibly earn enough in the given time.This is only ever my very last option and I hate it as much as you are probably suspicious of it. It’s not obligatory to donate, and I’m asking for actually just a little less than I need (£28 pounds less actually, considering £28 is pretty much all I can spare), just.Help, I guess. Help us.
Okay, so here’s the thing. I have a job, the pay is decent, but I have bills too, bills that prevent me from being able to pay for other things. I need some money to get to C2E2 because I have been building my portfolio all year and I may have a chance to show it off to some big names. This is very important for me to be able to do this. I have dreamed of being a comic artist since I was 5 years old and have been busting my hump on my art since. Some of you have seen my art and have even seen my progress over the years. So what I’m asking is that if everyone just helps me a little bit, I can go to Chicago, and I can show my art to some of the companies. Aspen liked my art a few years ago but said I needed more panel and background work. I have that now. And I want to show what I’ve got. I just need some help getting there.
I don’t like asking, but this may be one of my best chances. Please help. I love you all.
As some of you may know, longtime X-Factor writer Peter David suffered a stroke last week while on vacation in Florida with his family. He’s currently recovering (he even did revisions on an X-Factor script and is keeping nurses laughing, according to reports) but even with health insurance, co-pays are still huge.
On a personal note, it’s hard to put into words just how much this man’s work on both of his iterations of X-Factor mean to me. As an 8 year old first discovering comics, his X-Factor run, which had just ended at the time, meant so much to me. He made me lifelong Madrox and Strong Guy fans and had me hunting through back issue bins looking for his complete run. X-Factor #’s 71, 84 and 87 are perfect comics.
Then, around the year 2000 while I was in high school, he helped me stay interested in comics even as I became disillusioned with every X-Men book. If you haven’t read his Captain Marvel run starring Genis-Vell, Rick Jones, Marlo, Moondragon and the rest, please do. Then he followed that up with the Madrox limited series, which rekindled my passion for the X-Men, and it hasn’t gone away since.
I had the pleasure to meet him a few times when I worked at Wizard and he was always the most pleasant, humorous guy…I got to tell him face-to-face how much his work means to me.
He’s one of the most important comic creators in my life, and I wish him the speediest recovery.
Peter David’s been a important creator in my life since I started really reading comics in the 90’s (he’s been at it way before then, though). From his Star Trek the Next Generation novel “Imzadi” (oh yeah, I go deep as a geek) to his legendary Hulk run, all the way through his X-Factor run (that is still going!) and much more, his wit, deft characterizations, and great plots have brought me a lot of entertainment. Best wishes to him and his family as he recovers from this stroke.
For some of my followers who might not be familiar with his comics work, he’s also one of the writers on Young Justice.
A pink ribbon is a symbol of hope and unity amongst women in their journey against the epidemic that is known as breast cancer. Every year, millions of dollars are raised by women and their family and friends across the country and donated to companies like Susan G. Komen and Avon’s Walk for Breast Cancer. But did you ever wonder where the money was going and how it was being spent? After some snooping around, I’m heartbroken with what I’ve found with not only Komen, but with the entire pink ribbon culture in general.
In the 2009-10 fiscal year, Komen donated only 20.9% of their assets towards research. Their largest chunk, a 39.1%, goes towards “public health education.” In other words? They are using 39.1% of their funds to bring ‘awareness to the public’ about the disease. Don’t even get me started on the corporate salaries. For a charitable, non profit organization, the CEO, VP, and employees of Komen get a pretty hefty annual check each year. The CEO gets an estimated $558, 607 a year. Here you can find a copy of the company’s Form 990 which shows the salaries of some of the highest paid employees of the company. Keep in mind that doctors make between $119,000 to $205,000 a year. My question is this: if Komen is an organization driven purely by fundraisers and donations from the good hearted people of America, where are they getting the money to pay such lavish salaries onto their employees?
Sponsorships. Let’s take a look at some of the companies that Komen has linked itself with over the years:
- Ford (yes, the car company)
- Coca Cola
- KFC; good ol’ Kentucky Fried ChickenBreast cancer is a disease that is not yet understood by scientists and physicians. We do not know what exactly triggers it and we have only recently discovered that there are different types of breast cancers. It is a disease that changes depending on the age and ethnicity of its victim. But Komen has always been adamant about leading a healthy lifestyle and eating healthy, organic foods in order to ‘lessen the risks.’ First of all, let me address how hypocritical this is, seeing as how they only donate a meager 10% of their assets to prevention. By understanding prevention, we understand how to protect ourselves. It’s obvious why their partnerships with Coca Cola and KFC would make you go, “HUH?” You might have heard of AstraZeneca. It is a global pharmaceutical company that manufactures anti estrogenic drugs— medicine used during treatment for breast cancer. What people don’t know is that AstraZeneca is also the parent company of Syngenta, the third largest pesticide producer in the WORLD. Syngenta produces multiple pesticides, including atrazine and chlorothalonil— which are classified by US Environmental Protection Agency as carcinogens. As for their partnership with Ford, studies have recently been released that air pollution— mainly exposure to nitrogen oxide, is linked to breast cancer.And Avon, the makeup company known for their AvonWalk for Breast Cancer? They use parabens, a known carcinogen, in their cosmetics. Here’s a list of the carcinogens and estrogenic chemicals also used in Avon products:
- Imidazolidinyl urea
- Disodium EDTA
- PEG-80 sorbitan laurate
- PEG-10 rapeseed sterolThere is SO MUCH MORE to companies and their greediness concerning the pink ribbon. For one, there is no government regulation in concerns to the use of the pink ribbon image. Any company could put a pink ribbon on any product without the intent of donating any money towards research. It is a shame what people will do for a quick buck; even if it means to play around with the health of women. Breast cancer is an epidemic. We can’t play around anymore. Too many lives have been lost, and we can’t waste our time screwing around with companies who are profiting off our desire to make change.Visit Think Before You Pink to do some more reading. It’s time to take our health into our own hands.